Becker AR6201 (012) single block VHF/AM Transceiver, 2¼ inch (57 mm), 8.33 kHz / 25 kHz, 10 watt.
The AR 4201 VHF-AM transceiver has, for decades, been the very synonym for reliability. More than 18.000 units have been sold over the last 20 years. The unit has proven to be a trustworthy companion for thousands of pilots flying millions of flight-hours. For many it will be difficult to acknowledge that this legendary radio is becoming technical history. But there is good news. Becker Avionics International has launched a successor that represents a quantum leap forward in performance, technical sophistication and robustness. The AR6201 VHF-AM transceiver is smaller and lighter than its forerunner due to implementation of state-of-art DSP (Digital Signal Processing) technology. It is mountable in the 2¼ inch (57 mm) standard instrument panel recess and is equipped with a highly efficient AM transmitter, a very sensitive receiver and a full graphic LC-display that allows for easy reading under all light conditions, including full sun. Push button and display illumination can be dimmed. The AR6201 is, of course, prepared for 8.33 kHz spacing that will become the new international standard for airborne communication. Switching between the 8.33 and the 25 kHz mode is therefore made effortlessly simple. Standard or dynamic microphones can be used. A built-in-test facility increases flight safety. The dual watch mode that allows scanning of two different channels is an extra feature. The AR6201, with its integrated VOX/Intercom circuit, allows communication between pilot and co-pilot. The AR6201 will continue the Becker airborne radio success story far into the 21st century.
Weight: (1.829 Ibs) <0.675 kg
Height: (2.413 inch) 61.2 mm
Width: (2.413 inch) 61.2 mm
Depth: (8.071 inch) 205.7 mm
• 118.000 MHz – 136.990 MHz
• memory up to 99 alphanumerical channels
• auto store function of last 9 channels
• 8.33 kHz or 25 kHz channel spacing
• carrier power nominal >10W@28 V
• -20°C to +55°C
• illumination 14/28 V DC, blue white
• sunlight readable full graphic LC-display
• active/present frequency
• scan (SCN) mode active/preset frequency
• integrated voice controlled (VOX) intercom
• tandem operation capable
• standby current: ≤140 mA
• transmit current: ≤2.0 A• supply voltage: 10.25 V DC to 33 V DC
• emergency supply voltage: 9 V DC
• certification pending:ETSO-2C37c,2C38e,TSO-C169a
There are no reviews yet.